When it comes to paving solutions for commercial spaces, there are many suitable options available. One trend that is becoming commonplace these days is using resin-bound surfaces for almost any commercial installation. Resin-bound paving is defined as a permeable surface which uses an aggregate such as gravel, which is mixed and glued with resin. The resulting paving surface is not only visually appealing but also durable and prevents flooding.
Why use resin-bound paving for commercial spaces?
Compared with other commercial paving options, resin-bound aggregate or gravel has many benefits.
- The surface is permeable. Permeability is a desirable feature, especially if you consider parking lots and driveways in commercial establishments. Flooding can be an issue, and when water pools over non-permeable paving, it can become a significant inconvenience; not to mention an accident hazard.
- Variety of colours and aggregates to choose from. Suppliers typically give customers a variety of options in colour and type of aggregate. The resulting surface is aesthetically pleasing and versatile.
- Weather-resistant. Another significant advantage of using resin-bound aggregate is that you do not need to worry about the surface cracking or softening in hot weather or freezing during winter.
- Long-wearing. If you are looking for a long-lasting paving solution, resin-bound aggregate is an excellent choice. The guarantee depends on the supplier, but the average is between 10 to 25 years, depending on how well it was installed and maintained.
Another advantage of using resin-bound aggregate is that the government does not require planning permits as long as the surface is smaller than five square meters. This paving option also complies with Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems, which was established to prevent flooding and maintain water quality.
Choosing the right resin-bound paving company
Resin-bound paving is a relatively new industry but is already gaining traction within the UK. Unfortunately, it is still possible for some consumers to find companies that do low-quality installations. If you want to ensure that you are only choosing the best paving company for a commercial project, here are helpful suggestions.
- You need to look for a company that offers some level of guarantee against things that could potentially go wrong such as cracking and premature degradation.
- The cost of resin-bound paving depends on a variety of factors such as the size of the area, depth, and type of aggregate used. Before committing to a specific company, make sure to get quotes from at least three different suppliers so that you can compare the cost and the quality of materials used.
- A good resin-bound paving company allows customers to view samples of their products. As much as possible, check for references to previous projects the company has worked on and try to get feedback from them.
- If the company offers various paving options and other services, it is likely that they are not an expert on resin-bound paving. Nonetheless, you may still check how long the company has been working with resin-bound aggregate and determine their level of expertise with the product.
Commercial paving projects tend to be more complex and expensive. As such, ensuring that you select the best company for the job is the only guarantee that the resulting paving will be of excellent quality.